Monday, January 13, 2014

He got a BLADDER for Christmas??

Sometimes teenagers say the WEIRDEST things.  The day before Christmas break I was walking in the hall on my way back from lunch, when I overheard one of my students telling his friend, "She gave me a bladder!"  The biology teacher in me HAD to stop and ask.  What on earth does that mean?  You got a BLADDER??  Well, he showed me the cutest softest bladder I have ever seen!



If you are not familiar with these, you have got to check out I HEART GUTS where you will find funny, creative and adorable stuffed body organs and more.  Each organ comes with an informative little blurb including a bunch of facts you might not have guessed.  Check out what they say about this cute bladder:

Urine for a Treat!  The bladder stores your pee until you’re ready to go! Most bladders hold approximately 300-400 milliliters of liquid, about the size of a can and a half of soda. Drink up! When you pee, your brain tells the muscles in your bladder to tighten and squeeze out the urine. In Japanese, the word for bladder, boukou, also means “violence.” Hmmm… Let the bladder take out the trash with a lovely golden shower! 

What a cool gift for YOUR favorite teenager.

If you do go check out I Heart Guts, I'd love to hear which is your favorite organ.  I'm thinking about giving one away.  Are you up for that?

No comments:

Post a Comment