I'm excited to be a part of the 2015 Valentine's Day Blog Hop hosted by my friends from The Language Arts Classroom, Faulkner’s Fast Five, and The Literary Maven.
1) Something I love about teaching is the relationships I build with my students. They're 9th and 10th graders. Lately they're helping me learn how to use my iPad. Our school is going with an iPad for every student next year, and I need to learn how to use a couple of apps, but first I have to get good at just being able to navigate my way through the way iPad works. I thought it would be easier than I'm finding it, but my students are always right there to help me out!
2) A resource that I love using is my FROG DISSECTION lab packet. Dissecting the frog is one of the activities the students look forward to, and I love leading them through it. They learn so much, not just about the frogs, but about themselves, their anatomy, and their ability to succeed at a challenging activity.
3) A special VDay gift that I've gotten and loved is the "You Are Loved" bracelet, that my husband bought for me a couple of years ago. I really don't like jewelry, but this bracelet makes me so happy. I don't wear it that much because it gets in my way, so its really special when I do get to wear it.
4) Something I would love to do is go to Italy. Just the thought of driving through the Tuscan countryside makes me relax. My cousin was married in Italy a couple of years ago, and I wanted to go so badly, but the timing and the cost... they just didn't work out for us this time. But I'm going. Someday, I'm going.
5) A book that I love is Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover. I try to follow the principles in this book and I've recommended it or given copies to many of my family and friends. I find myself agreeing with so much of the philosophy in this book, and it motivates me to stay on track to read it and to listen to Dave's podcast, almost every day.Some day our house will be paid off and we'll go to Tennessee to scream, "We're DEBT FREE!"
I hope you have enjoyed learning a little bit about me and some of the the things that I love. Hop on over to the next blog! I can't wait to read them all!
Oh I almost forgot! Head on over to my store to download my Valentine's Day BIOLOGY FREEBIE! It's a graphing activity that references the heart rate of two different species. What better time of year is there to study the heart?!